We are pleased that you are considering worshiping with us, and we hope that Aldersgate will be a blessing to you. Whether you are looking for a new church home, have given up on the church for any reason, or are seeking to find a place to grow, it is our joy to invite you to check out what many refer to as “The Aldersgate Experience.” We pray that you would consider taking some time out of your schedule to come join us on a Sunday morning. We’re looking forward to meeting you here at Aldersgate!
Traditional Worship | 8 & 11 a.m.
Contemporary Worship | 9:30 a.m.
Online Worship | 9:30 & 11 a.m.
Fellowship Time | 10:30 a.m.
Adult classes | 8:15 & 9:30 a.m.
Middle and High School classes | 9:30 a.m.
Ages 2 through 5th grade classes | 9:30 a.m.
Nursery available 8 a.m. through 12:15 p.m.
(Fall through Spring)
Elevate 6:30 p.m. (January–April) | education wing
Various Bible studies starting at 6:30 p.m.
Carillon Bells | 6:30 p.m. | Choir Room
Chancel Choir | 7:30 p.m. | Sanctuary
September 4: by Pastor Daniel
Series: What About Justice
What is Justice. What does the Bible say about it? How can we do justice today in our community? We will be exploring these questions in this sermon series, learning about God’s call to lift up the voices of the oppressed, advocate for change where it is needed most, and embody the love and compassion of Christ in tangible ways.
September 10: by Pastor Mitch
September 17: by Pastor Daniel
September 24: by Pastor Maria
A Message for You
Welcome to Aldersgate United Methodist Church!
If you are looking for a church home or have given up on church for any reason, give Aldersgate a visit. It is an exciting, growing congregation that maintains close vital relationships. It is our joy to invite you to check out what many refer to as “The Aldersgate Experience”!
Located in the heart of a bustling community in northwest Wichita, we are a Christ-centered church with numerous ministries for all ages, and opportunities to experience God through meaningful service. We offer fellowship, inspirational music, and life-related messages through traditional and contemporary styles of worship.
At Aldersgate, it is our vision that lives are transformed to action by God’s Word and Spirit.
We are excited to have you with us, and look forward to meeting you. Ask for a tour on the Sunday you visit; we would love to show you the faithfulness of God among us.
Grace and Peace,
In order to allow each of us to encounter the presence of God in our lives, Aldersgate offers several different ways to celebrate worship.
Some may prefer the traditional approach to worship because they grew up with that type of worship experience, or because they like the traditional songs and hymns with piano and organ accompaniment, or because they enjoy hearing the Chancel Choir sing. The Sunday morning services at 8 and 11 a.m. are traditional worship services.
Our goal in planning the contemporary worship service on Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. is to create a service that “demonstrates a willingness to share in that which the historic church has always found meaningful and expressing these things in currently meaningful ways”*. Each week, the staff “seeks to create a worship environment of order, celebration, musical range, and use of the arts that reaches into the past and finds meaningful expression in the present”*.
No matter what your preference is regarding worship style, we need to remember exactly why we gather together as a family of believers each week: to give glory and honor to the one who provides the way for our salvation, and as encouragement for our thirsty souls.
(*Quotes from Constance Cherry, Reformed Worship, issue #55.)
What We Believe
Aldersgate is part of a 12.6-million-strong global church that asserts opens hearts, opens minds and open doors through active engagement with our world. John Wesley (the founder of the Methodist movement) and the early Methodists placed primary emphasis on Christian living—on putting faith and love into action. This emphasis continues to be a hallmark of United Methodism today.
We believe we have an obligation to bear a faithful Christian witness to Jesus Christ, who is the living reality at the center of the Church’s life and witness. To fulfill this commitment, we rely critically on our biblical and spiritual inheritance, as we strive to faithfully witness in our lifetime.
- God, who is one, is revealed in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is God’s present activity in our midst. When we sense God’s leading, God’s challenge, or God’s support or comfort, it is the Holy Spirit at work.
- Genesis 1:27 asserts that we’ve been made in the image of the Creator. Like God we have the capacity to love and care, to communicate, and to create.
- The church is the body of Christ, an extension of Christ’s life and ministry in the world today, where we are all welcome to serve together in worship, fellowship, and service.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word and is the primary authority for our faith and practice.
- The kingdom or reign of God is both a present reality and future hope.
- In Baptism, we are claimed by God and washed clean from our sins. It’s where we begin our journey as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- The sacrament of Holy Communion is open to all persons. We reverently recall the suffering and sacrifice of Jesus, and rejoice in the power of the cross for salvation.
For more, visit https://www.umc.org/what-we-believe.
At Aldersgate in Wichita
It is our vision that lives are transformed to action by God’s Word and Spirit.
And how do we do this? We:
- Proclaim the gospel, seek, welcome and gather persons into the body of Christ;
- Lead persons to commit their lives to God through baptism by water and the spirit and profession of faith in Jesus Christ;
- Nurture persons in Christian living through worship, the sacraments, spiritual disciplines, and other means of grace;
- Send persons into the world to live lovingly and justly as servants of Christ by healing the sick, feeding the hungry, caring for the stranger, freeing the oppressed, being and becoming a compassionate, caring presence, and working to develop social structures that are consistent with the gospel; and
- Continue the mission of seeking, welcoming and gathering persons into the community of the body of Christ.
Questions? Contact Us
Join us online for a live worship broadcast every Sunday @ 9:30 and 11 a.m. We are also meeting in person at those times, as well as at 8 a.m.
Missed a broadcast? You can access the video archive on YouTube.
If using one of the players below, please expand the video player to full screen by pressing the outward facing arrows on the bottom right.
Connect with us. Please take a moment to fill out this connection card to let us know you worshiped with us and so we can get to know you.