Exploring Membership at Aldersgate
If you are interested in joining us on our journey here at Aldersgate, we would love to hear from you. You can find answers to some commonly asked questions below.
- Please help us to get to know you by printing and filling out this Member Data Sheet for your household.
- Pick up and fill out a Ministry Interest Survey for each adult or teenager at the church to determine some ways that you may become active in the life of Aldersgate. Take your time and prayerfully consider the options and return it to the church office.
- Sign up for the monthly Aldersgate Experience email newsletter and/or the Aldersgate Weekly Calendar email. (Some hard copies of the Aldersgate Experience are available at the Welcome Center.)
- If you have decided that you want to join the church, please contact Traci in the church office to let her know, and a pastor will be in touch.
How Do I Join Aldersgate?
While you are not required to become a member of Aldersgate UMC to worship with us, we do offer many ways for you to join our church family, if you desire. You may indicate your interest to join by marking the attendance registration pad found in each pew during worship services, talking to a pastor, or calling the church office at 316-722-8504.
You may transfer your membership to Aldersgate. If you are a member of another congregation of the United Methodist Church, you will be received by Transfer of Membership. It is not necessary that you have your church letter before being received into membership; the church office will write and secure a Certificate of Transfer for you.
If you are a member of another Christian Denomination, you will again be received by a Transfer of Membership. A second baptism is not necessary. As you unite with us, you will be asked the question of loyalty: “Will you be loyal to the United Methodist Church and uphold it with your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness?”
Am I Ready to Join?
- “As a member of Christ’s universal church, will you be loyal to The United Methodist Church, and do all in your power to strengthen its ministries?”
- “As a member of this congregation, will you faithfully participate in its ministries by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness?”
By agreeing to them, you pledge to be in ministry, and to be stewards of God’s gifts with …
- Take time to pray for the ministries, the people, pastors, mission, and staff of Aldersgate.
- Aldersgate vows to pray for you as well! When you have a need, please let the church office know.
How Can I Support the Church?
Aldersgate relies heavily on volunteers in all areas of the church. You may choose to support the church by singing in the choir, teaching a Bible study or Sunday school class, being a youth sponsor, or helping in the church office. See some of our volunteer opportunities.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)